TheAussieZombie

The Aussie Zombie

The Apocalypse Gene

The Apocalypse Gene - Suki Michelle, Carlyle Clark

Fantasy is not a genre I read a lot. Why? Because I like the basis of reality (yeah yeah, I know I read Zombie books but they are possible, honest!) and sometimes find it hard to wrap my head around the whole deal. However, although The Apocalypse Gene is a fantasy novel, I didn’t find it difficult to be drawn into, and believe in the world created.

The characters are three-dimensional and real, and by the end of the book I had the feeling that I knew Olivya and Mikah like friends, and could fully imagine them in the world of Chicagoland and beyond.
The fantasy element in The Apocalypse Gene is engaging and thorough – I had no WTF-moments reading it, and the world created within is engaging, enthralling and completely believable. The writing is so good, that even non-Fantasy lovers will find themselves drawn into the book, and you feel part of the story, rather than having the story told to you.

I highly recommend this book to fantasy and sci-fi readers, young adult readers and anyone who wants a story that will suck you in and leave you with the feeling of having read a book that will stay with you for a long long time.

Source: http://www.theaussiezombie.com/2011/12/apocalyse-gene-by-suki-michelle-and.html