TheAussieZombie

The Aussie Zombie

Zomblog II (Zomblog, #2)

Zomblog II (Zomblog, #2) - T.W. Brown A few weeks ago I read the first book in this series, Zomblog, and it wasn't really my thing. I didn't connect with the main character and it was a little lacking in direction. But I decided to try the second book - the POV changes between books and I did like the new narrator, so what was there to lose?

With that new POV came a new perspective (duh), but also more direction. Meredith is a tough cookie - at times almost too tough, but it's the zombie apocalypse - puppies and flowers aren't really an option. Shes ruthless, strong, stubborn and I thought she was THE perfect character for this story.

And there is direction - Meredith has a goal in mind, and no one (dead or undead), is going to stop her from reaching it. As the world continues to descend into chaos, the good, the bad and the ugly human survivors emerge, and Meredith encounters the whole lot - dealing with them in her typical no-prisoners way.

Zomblog II is a book that I couldn't put down - I had to find out what happened to Meredith and her friends (and enemies), and it's a great example of how writing in journal form actually can work, and work well. It's a rough, intense read, and Mr. Brown has some confronting ideas on just how far human beings will go to survive.

Read more of my reviews at The Aussie Zombie