TheAussieZombie

The Aussie Zombie

Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2)

Goddess Interrupted - Aimee Carter

Read more of my reviews at The Aussie Zombie

I really enjoyed The Goddess Test, despite a few niggles with the story-line and characters. As a story the idea had many merits and the writing was top class, so I moved straight onto Goddess Interrupted ready for some more of those crazy Greeks.

Goddess Interrupted is darker and has a lot more action than The Goddess Test. There is more world building, more of the characters personalities are revealed, and there is some seriously freaky things going down in Goddess-town.

But......for most of the book, I wanted to smack Kate upside the head. Hard. It seemed like her every waking moment was lamenting how unloved she was, how Henry didn't pay her enough attention, how unsure she was of her place in the Underworld. And while I could understand that being married at 18, and suddenly finding yourself living in an Underworld under attack is going to cause a few cracks in your sunny persona, it was all a little bit too much for me. Henry just pissed me off for the most part - why Kate was so determined that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Henry just completely flew over my head, and even when I got to the end of the book I still didn't get it.

OK, rant over. I have to say again that Ms. Carter is a very talented writer - the story flows exceptionally well and the dialogue isn't in the least bit cheesy or stilted. I really enjoyed the tension between Persephone and Kate and Ava, and the friendship between James and Kate added some normality to the story.

In short, if you loved The Goddess Test, I think you will like Goddess Interrupted. But for me, the main characters being a whiny love-struck girl and a gruff, un-loveable Greek god just turned me completely off. I'll have to seriously think about whether I'll devote the time to finish reading the trilogy - not even a cliffhanger had me hungering for the next book.

Source: http://www.theaussiezombie.com/2012/03/review-goddess-interrupted-by-aimee.html