TheAussieZombie

The Aussie Zombie

Rapture (Rapture Trilogy #1)

Rapture - Phillip W. Simpson

Full review on my blog: http://theaussiezombie.blogspot.com

Rapture throws you right into the post-apocalyptic wasteland, complete with demons and an instantly likable character in Sam. The demons are everything your worst nightmares are made of and more, the imagery of the wastelands are moving, and Sam is a young man with strong loyalties to his family and the responsibility to save every survivor he meets.

The history of Sam is told through a series of flashbacks to his childhood and teenage years, gradually revealing how he came to be the man he is today, interspersed with the current day, which works extremely well to build a sense of history whilst still giving you the action and suspense to keep you immersed in the story.

Rapture is a beautifully told story in an ugly setting. The writing is descriptive but straight-forward, the settings are familiar yet new and the characters are engaging, evil or otherwise. I am so happy that I gave this book a chance – Mr. Simpson is an incredibly talented writer and I will be eagerly awaiting the next installment of this series, which has serious potential to be the next big thing in YA reading.

I received a copy of this book from the author but this has not influenced my review in any way.

Source: http://www.theaussiezombie.com/2011/11/rapture-by-phillip-w-simpson.html